• In the Spotlight:

What do cysts usually feel like when they pop?

The past couple days I have been getting this really painful cramp on my right side just about my ovaries. The pain throbs in and out for about 5 mins then goes away.
I know it isn’t my period I just had my last one not even 2 weeks ago. I did stop my BC 11 days ago but I don’t really think that has anything to do with it.
The pain is so bad a few times that I have cried out in pain

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• this just happend to a stylist at the salon before xmas. she'd been complaining for weeks, here and there, but was busy at work, busy having a wedding....by the time she finally went to the er, she thought it was her appendix...wasn't, it was a ruptured ovarian cyst, and it and the appendix were sitting in pus/infection...she could've gotten really, really sick. please, go have yourself checked out.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:08 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• It very well be a cysts but it just may be something else you should call your doctor and have them check things out. when a cysts pops it is a very sharp pain and it will bring you to your knees if it a good size if it's just small then you may not feel it at all. GL call the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I had a cyst rupture two years ago and it was extememly painful. My husband had to take me to the emergency room. I think everyone's body is different though. A friend of mine told me that when her cysts rupture she is relieved because it's like a release of pressure and her's don't hurt. Luckily, it hasn't happened again to me...yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Thanks ladies!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Oh wow, Thanks for the advice. I am going to call my dr in a couple hours when they open. It is only 5:15 here LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2009