Potty training help!

HI fabulous moms heres my deal.. i have a 2 1/2 yr old boy // ( born august 07) .. i want actually need to start potty training him.. because you know its time and hes going to start nursery school in the fall which is months away but i want to get a head start and get started. I have no idea how to start.. he doesnt tell me when he has to go but knows the different bc he can name what he did when i change him.. so if any veteran moms have any potting training tricks up their sleeves im all ears!

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 8:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All I can say is you cant force it. If he doesnt want to he wont. MY son was potty trained at 3 years old. They will let you know when they are ready.

Other than that just start introducing him to the potty, see if he takes to it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• At this age, I'd get him a potty seat. There is no need to start with a little potty. Make it fun - do stickers or stamps for sitting on the potty, then graduate to getting them for going on the potty. I mean, there are tons of ways to do it. This works for my kids so far.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• for my 1st son, he was somewhat of a people pleaser, and he just sat on his potty b/c it made us happy, he didn't like us making a big deal of it all. My second son needed us to make a big deal of it all. we literally took two family days, gave him tons of water and juice, we all did a potty dance when he went potty in the toilet, we sang a silly song and gave him a sticker. we did this all day for two days. it worked, but he was 3!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My little slacker was in diapers until she was four. She was reading and tying her shoes before she was potty trained.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2009