Washing machine troubles....please read

I have a Crosley washing machine about 8 years old......my question is about the cycles. My washer says 16 12 8 4....I start mine on 4. The washer fills up, but I notice it isn't going all the way to the top, it likes a little bit but it shuts off every time at the same water level. Once it fills up, what should happen next?........It sets there for a few minutes, you will here the buzzing sound of the timer and then it pumps the water back out. Is this normal? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Sounds like 4 is a pre-soak cycle
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I think you should try the 16 it is probably gallons of water, pp is probably right 4 is for small loads, soaking or delicates! If it isn't agitating on the higher numbers time to call the repair man, probably the agitator belt!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2009