If your a red head-

do you follow any of the "red head" rules? I dye my hair so i forget to.

for example rules like the "wearing pink" rule.

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 8:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter has light red hair, and she looks good in pink.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 8:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I hate pink so that's not a problem. What other "rules" are there?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Yep, pink and red heads tend not to go together. I mean like an auburn red. Each to their own though.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 8:57 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I have been a red head all my life. Red heads are fair skined, we burn easily. So I personaly do not go in the sun a lot. I do not wear red shirts or brightly collared shirts. I hate pink.

Answer by louise2 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Im not a red head but my DH is and he refuses to wear the color yellow, red and orange. So pretty much his wardrobe consist of black, brown and blue.. all because of his red hair. Lol.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 9:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I have always had extremely bright RED hair, not auburn, orange or strawberry--RED! It's more the skin tone than the hair color. I think redheads have the same "rules" as everybody else, If the garment is appropriate, looks good on you and feels good, it is right for you. I also don't go out unless I am covered, and wear a lot of sunscreen, even in the winter, and my skin tends to be sensitive, too. A suntan is something other people get, not me. Even "sunless tanners" turn me orange. Buying makeup used to be a horror show, but there are more manufacturers realizing there are more than blondes or brunettes out here nowadays. I can wear any color except pale pink, fuchsia or orange. (To AProsser: tell your hubby to try purples, lilacs, greens...)

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I'm a redhead, more auburn now, and I hate to wear pink, too. I think a peach-tone is flattering, especially against my pale skin, but I steer clear of bright, loud, and overly dramatic colors because of my hair AND skin tone. I hate fuschia and purples and most reds, but will wear a dark purple or burgundy. It's all a trial and hazard type thing when I go shopping because what might look nice in the store on me in the fitting room may not necessarily look nice on me at home in the natural light.
    I love being a redhead, though.....even when I was a kid!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My dd, 14 is a redhead, my niece, 15 is also a redhead.....they seem to think there are no rules like this. They wear whatever they want! All wild colors! Oh well, I guess they can get away with it being kids....
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I"m an auburn with some copper tones. Skintone I am warm. Eyes, blue with gold flecks most of the time, unless I am wearing green, then they look green. I look HORRID in dark brown, true red and orange. Most jewel tones I can pull off pretty well. Busy patters are not good on me either. Solids mostly.
    Makeup, I stick with the coppers, golds, burgundy s and brown. (yes I can wear brown around my eyes).
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I have never heard of any "rules." I am a red-head and wear all colors.
    FranksHoney

Answer by FranksHoney at 6:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010