What are you ladies planning to do New years eve?

Any special party or event? or staying home?

Asked by older at 9:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Answered at 9:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 by: older
    Same here Prydfer, got any rituals? mine is eating twelve red grapes, one for every month of the old year! It is a cuban custom.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. No, no customs for us. I do like the 12 red grapes idea....very nice!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Staying at home and going to bed. It's just another night for us.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Same here Prydfer, got any rituals? mine is eating twelve red grapes, one for every month of the old year! It is a cuban custom.

Answer by older at 9:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• ditto....

we may stay up and watch one of the countdown shows, but thats only if the kids want to try staying awake that long. if that happens we'll watch movies or somethng.

dh has to work new years so its another day to us.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Staying at home.  My mom is staying with us for the holidays and we're planning to play the Wii with the kids and watching an episode of Planet Earth, followed by a midnight munch after we ring in the new year.

Dh and I will have our midnight kiss because that is how we first hooked up 24 years ago lol.  It is his 52nd birthday today.

Have a fun and safe new year hon and may 2010 bring many joys to you and your family<3

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• just another night....we usually cook some greens, pintos, and hog jaw...for more money, luck, and good health..for the year to come
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• going with DS and spending the night at our friends house, having seafood pasta and some wine!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Thank you Beeky, ditto to you and yours!

Answer by older at 9:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Oooooh! I get some extra excitement on NYE - Nursing a DH that will be recovering from hand surgery !! Who schedules surgery on NYE?? Apparently mine does - at least he will have pain pills :)

Hope everyone else has Fun!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• We are supposed to go out to dinner. My mom wants to take the kids downtown to see the fireworks, but it is supposed to be cold. I'm guessing that the "baby" will stay with us. Don't care that it is new years eve, I just wanted a date w/DH.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2009