When exactly does the tween years begin?

I've read as early as 8 or 9 to age 11.. so when exactly does it begin? my daughter will be 9 in just under 3 weeks and i swear she goes from acting like a 19 yr old at times (sassing and attitude) to being a baby and just acting like she's going through that transition. How do you deal with it and teach them the facts of life and such?

cminton

Asked by cminton at 9:33 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think whenever they begin puberty, some later some earlier, for girls this would be getting "bud" on their chest, and going bra shopping, I think some as early as 9 some probably not until 13! LOL--my DS is 5 yesterday and sometimes he has the attitude of a 20 year old, good luck mom, the fun begins!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Tweens are just a title for a certain age group, usually 9-12 year olds. There isn't anything special that goes on in that group. I think it used to be called Preteens.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I refuse to use the term "tween" because it's new and made up, and stupid. They're kids until they get to thirteen. Then they're teenagers.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2009