Any of you ladies ever used Chantix?

I have a prescription for Chantix setting in my kitchen that I would like to start using, but am a little afraid of all the side effects. Normally I wouldn't be worried about these types of side effects because I don't have problems with my emotions, but these side effects are a little......odd.
Have any of you used Chantix to quit smoking? Did it help? Did it make you an emotional wreck? Any advice is greatly apprecaited. I have smoked for 10 years and would really love to stop. Thanks in advance!

Am19v

Asked by Am19v at 10:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Health

• Yes, I used it.

No, it is what you think. Don't listen to everything people say. I have quit for 4 months-due to alot of stress and my man smoking.

I started smoking 3 a day-and will quit new year again with my man-(I will not buy cigs, and really don't need it-but it is at my reach). My life is to precious to give up on this nasty habit-i WILL DO IT........
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I haven't used it yet, but I am going to try to quit on my own Jan 1st, if I fail I am going to get chantix. My friend used it and it worked for her, with no side effects. But she stopped taking it after about 6 weeks, then within two weeks was smoking again. She is going to take it again. I think you have to take it for awhile even after you quit and feel your good. Several months at least. My friends dr told her she should take it for a year!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 2:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I posted this yesterday to someone on here about it.

My dh used it a year and a half ago. He was given a 4 month script for it, but he was able to quit in 2 months. And he was a SERIOUS chain smoker, I cant even count how many packs a day he went through. There were some side effects, I think mostly an upset stomach, but as long as he ate before taking it, it helped and he said was so worth it.
    There have ben cases of other side effects and now Pfizer has to list them naturally, in order to keep the public informed and them from being sued. But dh only dealt with a little nausea.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I used it when I quit.I haven't smoked for going on 4 years.While I was on it I had no problems at all.It was the best thing I have ever done.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 10:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Thank you ladies SO MUCH for all of your stories! I was a little worried even tho everyone I had talked to that used it had never had any side effects either; I just wanted a little more input. I will be starting it next week and I really hope it helps me. Thanks again to all of you wonderful ladies for sharing your experiences with me!! I greatly appreciate it!
    Am19v

Answer by Am19v at 12:20 PM on Jan. 1, 2010