What do you do with a mother that when you try to make an effort to get along with her she either turns aways and walks away and when you go to sit next to her she tells you to go sit somewhere else? huh@

When I try to talk to her she also cuts my conversation short and goes talk to someone else.I don'tthink she's only rude ,I think she hates me , but why I don;t know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• My Mom hates me too, it's just more subtle...I'm sorry for your pain, she's a bitch, but you aren't alone. (((HUGS)))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Is this your Mother?
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:29 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Why, don't worry about her ignorance...

Move on, it is eating you up inside, and they are happy. Just be happy and ignore them, but always be polite, if she says hi, you say hi with a smile on your face....

If you ask me woman are like men in that sense, if you ignore them eventually they come running. :) Something I have learned through life....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I have not had a mother do it but I've had other people do it. I took it as a challenge and decided to go the opposite way and be extremely loving. (sometimes that's not easy when ppl are being ugly to us). Don't push it. Don't cross boundaries to sit next to her. Keep your distance but say "I love you" then walk away. Keep saying it even though she may not receive the words well. Don't get distracted if she says mean things just keep smiling and saying that you love her. After a while she'll blurt out what's up her craw and talk to you. Sometimes when people are ugly to others they are angry with themselves and don't love themselves then take it out on the ones that they really do love. Maybe she doesn't feel worthy of your love and attention, who knows? Just keep up the good work and tell her you love her. Something will happen!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:49 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Is this your mother or a mother to one of the kids your kid plays w/? Is this a new behavior or has it always been like that?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Good lord someone needs to drop a house on her....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• no sorry. it's my mother-in -law.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would speak when spoken to, as in answer any question she asks you in as few words as possible. I would stop trying to make friends with her, but I would smile and be polite at all times. It takes two people to develop a friendship, and she obviously is just not very interested, so you should respect her wishes. People like her take some kind of weird satisfaction in being hateful, so I would simply not give her that pleasure.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2009