Would you go on new years?

My husband wants to go up to and Xbox party on new years- I don't want to go, tell me if I'm being paranoid

we'd have to drive and hour with my DS (4 months old) in the backseat around 6pm then come back around 2am... I told him I'm not wanting to cause of drunk drivers, he's says i'm paranoid. I told him he could go alone and I'd stay home with DS- then he guilt trips me saying he doesn't want to go without me- what should i do? go or stand my ground?

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 10:37 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My father was killed by a drunk driver. Drunk drivers kill innocent people every day, statistics show holidays are the worst. You aren't being paranoid. You're being a good Mom and all around smart chick.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 10:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• If you don't want to go then don't go and don't let him guilt trip you. Tell him if he doesn't want to go without you he better plan on staying home, otherwise he can go by himself. I wouldn't want to drive around my baby at that hour either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would go in half...

Tell him, I would love to go but we need to get a room, because I am not traveling at night with a baby in the car-especially New Years eve. IF he agrees then you both get your way. :)

I am safe and sound at home with my kids, but if I decided to go anywhere it would have to be over night.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Oh Hell No.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• ha ha, k i know I'm not gonna go... but how to tell him?
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 10:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Just tell him, "I understand you don't want to go alone, but I am really not comfortable taking the baby out that late. I would rather stay home. I am ok with that. If you really want to go to the party, I am ok with you going alone. If you don't want to go alone that is up to you. Please don't make me feel bad about it but I am not changing my mind." and leave it at that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Hali you tell him the safety of your infant is the most important thing in the entire world and that you are not going to jepodize the baby's saftey for a night of "fun". I am saying this because I have had to go through the same thing with my DH on different matters.
    Sorry but once you have that baby it becomes the priority. You cannot always do what you want to do. Good Luck Hon!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:00 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• there are drunk drivers on the road at all times. sure there may be more but if thats a worry....maybe you should never drive?

Anonymous