Anyone here from PA???

I was thinking of buying a house, actually it will be cheaper.

Any pointers, tips or areas that you want to brag about is greatly appreciated. Or bash????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my sis lives in PA. i wouldnt move to Allentown- hear thats a very bad area. she lives in bethlehem, close to downtown. its a beautiful little town and they have the Musikfest there which is always a blast. she bought a nice 3 story house (attached to another house) for about $170,000. its right across the street from a nice park & a public pool, and it has a little backyard
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 10:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I live in Pittsburgh, currently live in the city limits since my husband was a city cop, he has moved onto being a borough cop now and we have the option to move anywhere we wish. And we will soon. Stay away from most city neighborhoods. Brighton heights, greentree city and brookine are not terrible, but outside communties offer more for children like better schools and more community oriented living. Bethel Park, South Park, Scott Twp....many neighborhoods in the south. North would be Ross Twp and North Hills, McCandless and North Park area. Or you can move even further away from the city and have more space like South Fayette, Canonsburg...
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• snoober_k, I live in Allentown...don't believe the hype. The Morning Call likes to hyperbolize the crime. There's very good sections of Allentown. The only bad section is Center City and compared to areas in Philly and Reading it's not at all bad. For what it's worth, the southside of Bethlehem has as much crime as Allentown. You just have to look into the area you are moving. My in-laws live in north Bethlehem so, if you pick that area or Allentown, I can tell you good sections.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2009