why do some people have such problems with fidelity?

I can't speak for my hubby (though i trust him and find him very loyal) but i know I would never EVER cheat on him. I'd end it before it even got that far... why can't some people just be honest (and only get married if they really want it) It just makes me sad hearing about ladies on here that have shitty husbands- KWIM?

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 10:49 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• My personal feeling is that if you can "get nekkid" with someone other than your husband you need to be divorced. Period. I think that so many people have affairs, or what ever you want ot call them because in todays' society it is so easy! They even have websites dedicated to no strings attached hook ups for married people. Ick.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I think men should step up to the plate and give their wife attention and affection or expect her to look elsewhere for it. Same for wives and how they treat their husbands.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Different reasons. Youth ( making irrational decisions and getting married too young) or just getting married without knowing the other person fully and realizing that they made mistakes.. or might have made mistakes and want to test the waters without making a final decision.. Or maybe they are cowards? Or maybe they are selfish.. the list goes on and on. Lets face it not everyone upholds the same Moral standards.. sad but true.
    Anonymous

• I don't think there is any legitimate excuse for cheating, PERIOD.
    Anonymous

• I don't think that when most people get married, they think they might cheat. I think most people get married with the idea that they want a faithful relationship. I think that some humans are just way more sexual than others, and some people cannot say no when they are past a certain point of arrousal. Sometimes people actually fall in love with someone else too & just want to be that close with the other person.

BUT, i also think that before any cheating occurs, that it's only fare to end the relationship. If one is interested in sleeping with others, then they need not be married. Marriage is only for people who want to stay faithful & are more than happy only having one partner. Marriage is certainly not for everyone, but many people who should not be married still are. Selfish, horny, stupid people should always stay single.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2009