Do you think someone who has either been married before or had sex out of wedlock should still be able to wear white on her wedding? (read details to why I am asking)

I am about to get married soon & I have a friend that told me I was not a suppose to wear white since we had sex before marriage. My dress is white but it also has color on it. So it is not totally white. What does everyone else think. Also since he was married before she says we are not suppose to get married in a church. He got married in a Church of Christ church & we are getting married in a Baptist church(nicest church in our town) This is all driving me nuts because we are suppose to get married within the next couple of months & everything is already planed out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• there are no 'shoulds' covering weddings today. whatever the bride wants, is what the bride gets. there are so many dresses that have tons of design/color in them..go crazy! some dresses don't have white at all..guess that means the bride was a total whore, eh? lol..seriously, don't listen to your 'friend'..i'm sure you'll look fabulous whatever you wear.

ps..i wore red to my last funeral...shocker!!!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Im sorry but your friend is an idiot. IMO
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• who give a crap what your friend thinks... it is your wedding, do and wear what makes you happy
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• hun we arent in the 1920s this is 2009. this country is free. and its your wedding. i had sex before me n dh got married. but he was my first. Viola! my dress was white. sso what!? it wasnt in a church. but my husband is catholic too. so what? this is your day enjoy it.
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 11:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I agree with the other 2 PP, this is your wedding. Do what you want for YOUR day. I wore white and yes we had sex before marriage LOL.. Even if this is his second marriage you can still get married in a church..

She doesn't sound like a very good friend..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I wore white and I was no virgin! Wear what you want to and don't listen to anyone else. Good luck.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Yes, your friend is an idiot. You can wear whatever you like and if the church doesn't have a problem with him being married before I really have no idea why your friend would. I'd ignore her ignorance and judement and have a great wedding just how you want it.

FWIW, me and DH were both previously married and while my dress was ivory instead of white and I didn't wear a veil, just did flowers in my hair, it was a full blown wedding and the ceremony was in a church. What does your friend have to say about that? lol
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• She's just jealous. Do what you want & makes ya'll happy. GL & Congrats!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I was a few months pregnant when I got married and I wore white. I had actually found a beautiful champagne colored wedding dress that I wanted, however my Husband wanted to wear a tux that had a vest with silver in it. It was the only thing my Husband had asked for, so I found and fell in love with a white dress.
    I have seen a lot of "rules" for first AND second weddings go right out the window. I believe though, that if its the brides first and the grooms second wedding the wedding is done like a first wedding.
    Get what YOU want and what makes YOU happy, because YOU are the one getting married.
    Congratulations!!!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• my grandma told me the same...she said white is a symbol of purity...i told her that we are arent living in the 60's anymore and times have changed and i can do what i want..i can get married in a swim suit if i want...so i did wear white! do what you want
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2009