Babys first Birthday! I want to make it special, what could I do?????

I know babies dont really grasp there first birthday but I know I want to do something special for her so she will have a very good time. I need any ideas on what to do with her fun things for her to do or fun places to go. This day is about her. She is going to get my full attention all day and I think staying home would be best unless there is somewhere really fun for babies. Also I need ideas on fun toys she may like she alrready has a walker and almost everything else. I just want any ideas for activities for her! Thank you SOO much!

HeidilovesNyla

Asked by HeidilovesNyla at 11:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you have any family/friends that have children her age, definately invite them, it is always more fun with more babies! We bought my DD a ride on Elmo toy for her first birthday along with Elmo Live! and a bunch of Elmo/Sesame DVD's because she is really into Sesame Street, specifically Elmo. And of course make sure she has her own cake to dig into :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I planned an awesome birthday for my little one. I remember I planned out games and went way over board. All the people overwhelmed her and all she wanted to do was go to sleep. I was so hurt I spent all that time planning. I spent more time with the other kids at her party entertaining them, than with my own daughter. There is plenty of things you can do, but just don't go overboard. Now that I think back, I regret spending all that money.
    GlitterMEpInk

Answer by GlitterMEpInk at 11:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• a ball pit would be fun
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• No I do not know any other kids her age, I actually do not no anyone with children its kind of like shes the only baby around :( but thats ok
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 12:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• One awesome idea would be to have a small personal cake just for her with one candle on it. Tyler loved his. When is her bday?

tytysmommy0690

Answer by tytysmommy0690 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Her birthday is January 11 th!!! I am so excited but its a new experience shes growing up. Yes I had planned on her having her own cake but I am going to make a healthy cake maybe carrot cake idk something healthy with whip cream frosting.
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 2:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2009