What could be causing my sons legs to hurt?

He has been complaining of his legs hurting for about a month now. Growing pains? He will be 3 next month. I plan on bringing it up with his doctor, just curious if anyone has had this issue with their child. Thanks

EvansMama011807

Asked by EvansMama011807 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Health

• Probably growing pains. Massage the area for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• my sons legs hurt all the time too...growing pains. massage and bananas
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Our older son had Osgood-Slaughter's Disease, but he was older than your son. It's basically when the bones and tendons grow at a different rate. He was on crutches for a while, and he outgrew the condition. By all means, discuss it with your doctor.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:49 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• It very well could be growing pains.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:50 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• my daughter's legs hurt when she was almost 3, so i took her to the doctor and they couldn't find anything wrong with her, my guess is that it was growing pains. She was at a point where she wouldn't walk and crawled all the time, it only lasted a couple of days.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:55 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My son's leg has been hurting as well. He's 4, took him to the doctor to be safe and she thought it was probably growing pains...
    Anonymous