What should I wear? How should I advertise?

In a few weeks I will be taking a CPR/First Aid/AED instructor certification class. As soon as I pass the class, I will be buying all of my materials (manikins, paperwork, etc), and I want to start teaching right away. So, my first question is How should I advertise my services? I thought about sending a letter to all the daycare centers and informing them of my services and my prices. My next question is, I want to look professional, but at the same time I need to be able to be comfortable and move around a lot while teaching the class. Any suggestions on what to wear that is professional, yet comfortable? Thanks in Advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Advertise in the paper, Post your business in the yellow pages in your area. Have you ever thought of teaching for a school or anything? I think Business casual should be fine.
    GlitterMEpInk

Answer by GlitterMEpInk at 11:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• "teaching for a school"- Not sure what you mean by this. Could you explain more? Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I think something that you are able to move around and be comfortable and look good im thinking like black slacks some cute flat shoes and a nice blazer would be very comfortable to wear make sure your blouse is a bit loose not to flashy just cute and nice very lady like professional
    Ezbeauty

Answer by Ezbeauty at 3:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My sister teaches CPR, infant CPR and first aid, and other associated classes through a hospital. You should contact area hospitals.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Scout troops have merit badges in health related things, I took a free Red Cross sponsored CPR class with a bunch of scouts. Young babysitters might be interested, as well as life guards at local pools. You might do well by offering group instruction. Where would you teach? The facilities available might have places to post advertising info. Try gyms, places that offer physical therapy or chiropractic. Perhaps making up a flyer and posting it at these facilities and sending it to scout leaders, pool administrators, libraries. Or better still make personal contact and talk to administrators at these kinds of places, describing your program and leaving your materials behind. Visitaprint often has good deals on business cards.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 9:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Wear scrubs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Anon 12:11- I thought about that since I have to wear scrubs at my day job, but I want to be able to dress up a bit.
    Anonymous