Should I get another phone just for my businesses?

I am an independent consultant for a company and I will also be opening a small business soon where I offer certain services. We don't have a landline phone, my husband has his cell phone and I have my cell phone. I was thinking about getting an iphone since it has the Paypal app (so that I can take credit/debit cards), but I have heard so much negative things about them. Is it worth it to spend the extra money for a seperate phone just for my business(es), or would my personal cell phone be sufficient?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• I say it is worth it because you don't want people calling you about one business and you anser for the other one. I would get a separate phone just to be able to anser in a professional way such as "Thank you for calling such-n-such, this is so-in-so how can I help you?" or etc. That's way better than saying "Hello?" lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I say get it, and get it now before the end of the year and you have a tax write off, keep your receipt.... But yes, I would suggest having another phone for business..

Have you read through all the IRS pubs for having your own business? I can send you a link if needed, I was just on the phone with then yesterday..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 2:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Yes a separate phone for you business it would be more professional Good Luck
    Ezbeauty

Answer by Ezbeauty at 2:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would add another line to your family plan and use that for business.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2009