How can I help Baby enjoy his bath more? Or hate it less?

He's 6 weeks old and HATES being bathed. My other two kids were not like this. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for us?

1smartcookie

Asked by 1smartcookie at 12:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Probably because he is cold. Its winter. Maybe try getting the bathroom really warm before bathing him. My son hated baths then too. Now he loves bath time
    jeni0323

Answer by jeni0323 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I don't know what to tell you. My first loved baths and my second it took over a yr for her to like the bath. I tryed everything.
    Anonymous

• My DD screamed Blue Bloody Murder until she was about 4 months old. Now at almost 8 months - she loves the bath and screams when I take her out!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My son hated bath time until he was about 5 months old. Now he is a year old and hates to get out of the tub. I really think alot has to do with it being cold.

Danielle Shellhorn
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    Email-Thisfamilyrocks@gmail.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 1:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• A sponge bath is sufficient. As long as it is warm there should be little fuss. Try bathing in another month or two..
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• When we first started baths for out little one, he hated them too. We started him off in the kitchen sink, but then we got a baby bath with a sling attachment for little babies. Once we started bathing him in the sling, he became much calmer and started to enjoy the bath more. I think he felt more secure. Now he has graduated to sitting in the regular bath tub (he is 9 months old), and he loves splashing and playing in the tub. Good luck with your little one! I am sure he will outgrow it.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 2:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• What worked best when my daughter hated hers was after I put her in the tub I would place a little baby ring (the ones that you can connect to the car seat to hang toys or whatever) in each hand. When I first put her in she'd flail her arms out with her hands wide open so I'd hurry and place those in each hand and she would hold on to them tight but wouldn't cry through her bath anymore.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i hold my 6 month old in the shower with me...with DH standing there (just in case)...my son would cry when we gave him a bath...he is fine with a shower though
    Anonymous

• get in with baby....i alway filled the tub until it just passed my legs then layed them on my legs. That way they had mommy right there and they wont slip arroung in the tub
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 12:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2010