Natural Birth Energy Rush?

Did you experience the huge energy rush after natural birth? The high was crazy--like I could run a marathon, swim across the ocean & climb a mountain. It lasted about 7 hours. Dealing with such a rough pregnancy, I'm looking forward to labor & the after effects.

RugersMommy06

Asked by RugersMommy06 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I did.... I had three natural births, and after each of them I felt like I was on a high, like I could climb Mt Everest if I wanted to! It was a great feeling!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• yes..both times....then after my second liek 5 minutes after birth i ate 3 whole big grilled chicken breasts and a bakes potato and 4 cups of green beans..i was starving even after all that too.. ya..its crazy how you get that feeling..and the moms on meds dont cuz the meds block that kinda stuff.. that why most people hate birth.. but i didnt have n e meds at all i wasnt even at a hospital ..i was at a birth center.. i loved labor.. not the pain but i loved being ble to eat and allow my body to take control..and it did ... its hard to explain.. my body knew what to do..without a damn nurse sayin "ok time to push" i had to yell to get my midwife in there cuz my body was pushin for me
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i didn't but i wonder if it's because i didn't have a totally natural birth. like i had directed pushing which exhausted me completely! i am pregnant now and planning/hoping for NATURAL pushing this time :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• yes, i also did a natural birth. i think i would have been far too shaky to run a marathon though!
    Huntersmom819

Answer by Huntersmom819 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• the adrenaline rush was amazing, i only got to experience it once but I remember looking at DH right after my daughter was out and saying, "i so want to do that again" he looked at me like i was crazy lol, it happened really fast the nurses didnt think i was anywhere near ready i went from 2 cm-10, in less than 10 minutes it was crazy and i dont remember actually putting any effort into pushing my body just took over.

I remember feeling full of energy for about 2 days, i was grocery shopping, cleaning house and just moving around alot in general. My mom finally made me sit and rest.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Oh my yes! My youngest was born at 4:33 am and I was so wired that I did not actually fall asleep until after midnight!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I FELT like I could run a marathon, but I think my legs would have been too shaky. I got out of bed to go to the bathroom about 1.5 hours later (after my daughter finished eating) and I needed help to walk. It felt like my hips were gonna fall right off.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Absolutely!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Yes! Its an amazing feeling.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Wow, i was just thinking this earlier today how woman who have Natural child births with no meds have a ton of energy like they are on 10 cans of redbull lol. My husband asked me "so your going to be out of the loop for a few weeks when the baby is born"? i said "LOL No, not everyone is tired after child birth" i didnt go into detail why because he never believes anything unless he sees things for him self. I hope i have A LOT of energy when i have my baby. I am having a home birth :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2009