Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do about the harrassment?

I live with my boyfriend who has a super crazy sister! Well about 2-3 months ago, she was harrassing my boyfriend and I, so I threatened to take our daughter & I out of the equation & move back home unless he cut her out of his life completel, so he did. Well today she calls out of the blue & starts cussing me out as soon as I said hello. She was telling me that I was a hypocrite & how she was going to come to our house & kick my a*s. She has a 14 month old daughter who DSS has been involved with since she was born. My question is, what should I do? If I take a harassment warrant out on her she would lose the baby & then the family would be pissed at me. But on the other hand if I don’t do anything she is just going to keep doing this. Please give me some advice, I have a super normal family and my boyfriend’s family is SUPER strange! Should I take a warrant out on her or no?

Answer Question

Asked by lmcnaught830 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Well since she is "family", and since this time it was just a phone call, I'd wait on the warrant. To keep some peace in the family. I would tell your bf that she called and that you are not happy with it. Tell him if she does anything else, or comes to your house that you'll have no choice but to file a warrant to protect you and your child. If she calls and you have caller ID, don't answer her calls, if she shows up at your house call the police, don't answer the door, let the police deal with her. If she loses her child over this, it is not your fault, it is her fault and due to her behavior.

    Answer by robyann at 1:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • Isn't family wonderful? This chick sounds crackers to me and I can't imagine what kind of mother she is to that baby. Like robyann said, consider this the last straw and don't have any more contact with her if you can avoid it.

    Write down the date and time she called you today and what she said word for word if you can. If you have to go after her for harassment later that will be helpful in remembering exactly what happened.

    I'm not sure about where you live but here people can file a report with police without charges being laid, just to have in case the situation escalates. Maybe call your local PD and see what they say.

    Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • I agree with the advice you have already been given. Perhaps you can look into changing your phone number too.

    Answer by JewelsE at 2:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • I would step up to your boyfriend and ask him what he thinks should be done he is the one related to her after all. do not mess with idol threats. I have a relative like this and she would bully me after a while I just stopped taking her calls because I knew she was trying to bait me. Yes this will come back on you but pull yourself up say stuff like hey why don't you call back when you have something sensible to say refuse to fall into her trap. After a while I made it impossible for said relative to bully me. IM or PM me if you need to talk do not allow this bully to pull you in this is her high and your the new target. Take a deep breath and do not allow her to make you her new throw rug.


    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Is it wrong- (TMI)

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
DS needs Surgery?!?!?