Who accepts Judeo-Christian magicians?

DH is a Rosicrucian and a member of the Golden Dawn. As a couple, we practice Judeo-Christian magic, including Kabala and Enochian arts. We're looking for a "church" to join before the baby is born. What group won't "burn us as witches?"

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 1:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• hmmm I never heard of that, doesn't that go against God's word? or do you not beleive that the bible is the true word of God?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• When the modern Bible was put together, a group of priests, bishops, and such had a conference to choose what would go in and what would stay out. People of faith are fallible and often make choices based on the needs of the current time.

The modern Bible has some fabulous work in it that we believe is the writing of men (and a few women) speaking through divine inspiration. There are more of those texts out there that aren't included. The gospel of Mary Magdalene is one of the more famous "deleted" texts. These are collectively referred to as the Gnostic gospels.

The magic we practice is not counter most Judeo-Christian texts. It actually uses angels as intercessors, much as the Catholic church uses saints to bring prayers closer to God.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Yeah, you should probably find a gnostic or universalist church.

I personally don't believe that the gospel of Mary is inspired by God. I am sure that some people enjoy it. But when I read it, I found some doctrinal contradictions, in one part Jesus says that there is not such thing as sin. I think it is also kind of divisive. It puts you in a position, where if you reject it as "inspired," you just don't believe that Jesus would speak secretly to her instead of the male disciples. Which causes division, between male and female, since we see women were a huge part of the church. I just think that is unfortunate.

You can enjoy it if you want to, I am not trying to come against you personally. I promise. I just don't like it.

I hope you find a church home : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would try an Ethical Humanist house of worship or a Humanistic Jewish synagogue.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2009