What to get?

I want to get my 4 1/2yr old a SMALL pet...I was wondering what would be good for her that she will be able to hold and play with, any advise

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A ZhuZhu pet....

Honestly I think age 4 is too young for her own pet. A shared pet where you are helping to take care of it and make sure it is safe though is fine. I thought I read gerbils were great first pets. I think they bite less then hamsters. Not sure though. I am sure someone can chime in and help.

I was about 7 when I got my own hamster and it was a good age to learn to be responsible about cleaning the cage, feeding etc...We had to learn and read up about what we could and could not do with our pets.

Anonymous

• I would adopt an older dog that has experence with children. They are more tollerent of children then puppies.
    Anonymous