46 days since lmp and need to know when to take a p. test again....

and still no period. I had sex on day 35 of my cycle thinking I was going to startin a few days and then got a negative pregnancy test on day 38... and still no period. If I ovulated on day 35 (or around there) when would be the best time to retest if I don't start?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If your cycles are not usually this long, I would wait about another week and retest. You might be able to get a positive result now but it has only been 11 days. I know its hard. If you have a few extra tests sitting around go ahead and try. In general you ovulate about half way during your cycle. If your cycle is normally 35 days you would ovulate around day 18 or so. Hope this helps..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• do another and then call the dr..i went both prenancies with the p test showing negative....or their might be something wrong why your not having one
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• when should i do another test? tomorrow or later?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• How long is your normal cycle? Because you said you ovulated on day 35, that is really long. You can test 19 days after conception. If you ovulated on day 35 add about 5 days for travel and implantation and then count 19 days. If your periods are irregular it is really hard to tell.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• my cycle is from 32-40 days... its never been this long before, but I could also have a thyroid imbalance as well. I did schedule a dr's appointment, but its not until the 13th!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• also, I don't know if I ovulated then, it was ahrd to tell because I had a yeast infection.
    Precious333