Am I the only one who hates child beauty pageants?

Seriously how much more screwed up can our priorities be than to judge little girls on their appearance and external showmanship?I just wish for one second these parents would focus on how strong and beautiful our girls are on the inside.I want my daughter to grow up valuing herself based on her actions towards others and inner strength.Not worrying if she put her eyelashes on right.

boogernoodle

Asked by boogernoodle at 1:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I couldn't of said it any better myself. I totally agree with you.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 1:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I hate them...they are vile and disgusting. What worse is the overweight mothers who will tell their thin daughters they are getting chubby. Look in a mirror fatass. Yes, I really am that mean to people like them and there's a good chance that they need a rich healthy dose of reality.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• ya..i used to do it when i was young but it was never like it is now.. i put my kids in one at our local fair and mine were the only ones without a fake tan fake hair and fake teeth..i was pissed.. im not gana tan my 2 yr old.. im not puttin my kids in that again i hate moms who do that crap and make their kid compete because what happens when the lose.. their gana get their feeling hurt..and the moms who go crazy with the yelling about smiling and knowing a routine..o hell na.. rediculous.. my sis in law in gana be on the new season of little miss perfect.. im gana throw up when i see it...
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Oh man... Have you ever seen that reality show on tv about kids' beauty pageants? I swear, 99% of the mothers on there were absolutely INSANE, and a lot of the little girls were total insufferable brats. Yes, I agree with you, I don't understand those pageants at all... And frankly, seeing little girls all made up like that, with fake tans, fake hair, fake teeth, COMPLETELY inappropriate outfits, and full on make-up creeps me out.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Gives me the crawlies. My DH cannot even watch the show "Toddlers in Tiaras" It upsets him that children are being objectified in such a manner!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I just watched one episode of one show yesterday.It was the one with Tootie.I was pretty horrified at all aspects
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 1:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't mind it so much if they didn't put little girls in mini skirts, bikini's, heels & a TON of makeup! I mean, come on! Why does a 2 year old need to look like a 20 year old? Why can't they do pageants based on NATURAL looks?? NATURAL 2 year old abilities??

It is sickening to see these little girls objectified like this. People wonder why there is so much child pornography and so many pedophiles... LOOK HOW YOU ARE MAKING YOUR CHILDREN LOOK!! Don't get me wrong, I know there are sick people regardless... but don't you think it is NOT helping the case by doing this??
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Op, you are not the only one. Why anyone wants to dress their child up like a lady of the night is beyond me. And in this superficial society, they will have enough to deal with as they grow. It's just so disgusting to me, and I won 2nd place in a Hawaiian Tropics contest when I was 7. I hated the whole thing.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Need I remind you of Jonbenet?
    Pandapanda

Answer by Pandapanda at 2:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I agree. They make me sick. I don't think children should be caring at all about the way they look...much less be judged by adults. I think it is absolutely ridiculous. That's just my opinion.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2009