What is your family favorite food? I need new dish ideas.

My family loves Chicken Stew. I need something, i could hold in the fridge for a day or two. I cook two meals on Sunday...

I throw boneless chicken in a big pot, season with garlic, onion, adobo, oregono boil it up a little.
Then once the chicken is almost cooked, I add potatoes, carrots, celery, corn, bring it to a boil again.
Then add a little can of tomatoe sauce-goya seasoned, sofrito, and some sazon....

I lower the heat a little and let it boil until the chicken is falling apart.

I love it with salad on the side....my kids love it with rice. go figure... with rice it is delicous too.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• This is the food we eat
    Shrimp
    Flank Steak
    Angel Hair pasta
    White rice
    Beef Stew
    Tuna Sandwiches
    Tuna Salad
    Asparagus
    Eggplant
    Artichoke
    Tacos with shredded beef or chicken or ground beef. i also use the mini 6 inch corn tortillas for them and top it with my home made hot salsa
    Taquitos
    Lasagna
    Anonymous

• I love chili, this is a list of some of the ones that i've made. The keep really well in the fridge.

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=chili&SortBy=Rating&Direction=Descending

Anonymous

• the favorite meal I make is baked macaroni and cheese. If I dont use the pre-packaged kind, I grate the cheese myself and wait till it is crispy in the oven. if I use the prepackaed stuff I mix it half and half butter and sour cream, and sprinkle the top with grated cheese for extra crispiness. the favorite meal SO makes is a yummy pasta alfredo w/ chicken. He also makes a delicious pasta dish with chunks of tomato, onion and ground beef or venison (if it's in season).
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• The meals that everyone in my family devoures with no complaint: meatloaf/mashed potatoes/veggies, spaghetti, tater tot hotdish (made with a ton of green beans), homemade soups (potato & veggie beef mainly), mac & cheese hotdish (cook 2 boxes velveeta shells & cheese, mix in 1 small can cream of celery, 1lb frozen peas, lots of tuna, spread in casserole, top with crushed crackers & melted butter, bake til top is crisp), other hotdishes made from pasta, hamburger, veggies.
    Anonymous

• www.kraftfoods.com  can give you some quick and easy ideas..  It has saved me numerous times!

My dh is the better cook around here and he makes something called steak diane that is awesome!  

My idea of cooking is shake n bake, flavored rices, side veggie, spaghetti, just the basics so we dont starve....

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• daniellecooks.wordpress.com

That's everything we eat. It's all made from scratch. No boxed crap.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Here are most of our favorite meals. Send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes.

Sweet and sour stuffed cabbage
    mushroom lasagna
    lentil soup and grilled cheese sandwiches
    Lentil sloppy joes
    Saturday – fondue night.
    white chili
    taco salad and nachos
    minestrone soup, salad, tomato, mozzarella and basil sandwiches
    Tamale pie
    Mediterranean stew
    General Tsao’s
    breakfast for dinner: pancakes and fruit salad
    lentil tacos
    stuffed peppers
    pizza
    chili and cornbread
    peanut noodles
    stir-fry with rice sticks
    Mexican lasagna
    mushroom stroganoff
    Cheese and zucchini enchiladas
    fondue night
    stew with dumplings
    SW falafel
    curry
    tofu fish sticks, not crab cakes, sweet potato fries

Answer by rkoloms at 7:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I often stick with the basics, but add awesome sides to the meal. For instance, I make spaghetti and meatballs but along side I make homemade cheesy bread. My daughter loves cheesy bread. Also it's not hard to make mozzarella sticks.
    fmchavez

Answer by fmchavez at 12:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2009