My grandmother is going to church on the 1st. Does anyone else go to church on the 1st? I like the idea a way to bring in the year

what better way to say happy new year than with God :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We don't but that's because they don't have a special service for it. If they did we'd be there. As it is we're having several families from the church over New Years Eve. It's great to be around people who can have fun with out doing drugs or getting drunk.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• We have a special service on New Years Eve that lasts up until after midnight and then we have communion. It is wonderful and fun. I don't get to stay that late now that I have the girls.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Our church doesn't have a special service, either, but I agree it's a great idea to start out the new year with GOd. Howa bout a special family worship?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• We go to church on January 1st because it is a holy day in the Catholic Church, celebrating Mary, Mother of God.
    LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 11:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• As LibbyLife said - Catholics in the US are required to go to church on Jan. 1. The feast of Mary, the Mother of God not only honors Mary, but more importantly reminds us that Jesus is God. Plus is also Word Peace Day for the Catholic Church. I agree it's a good way to start the new year.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 12:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2009