how to knit a sweater

http://www.freevintageknitting.com/women/colmin735-6.html

I'm knitting that (pattern above) sweater for a dear friend of mine. This is actually the first sweater I've made, even though I've been knitting for about 4 years. I've completed the back and over half of the left side, however, I am stuck on the second half of the "to shape armhole" and "to shape neck" part. I need help quick because I would like to have this sweater completed in less than two weeks. please let me know if you can help, I would be sooooo thankful.

thank you very much :-)

love2knit93

Asked by love2knit93 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Did you put the 15 stitches on a stitch holder (like a giant safety pin)? You then decrease one stitch and finish that row. Do 3 more rows without any changes. Decrease one stitch at the beginning of the next row. Do 3 more rows with no changes, and keep repeating until you have 1 stitch left. Bind off.

Is that where you were stuck?
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2009