Did you try castor oil when you were pregnant?

Hey, so my doctor said that castor oil could help to get things started since I have been backed up, but I'm scared to commit a day or so to toilet time with no baby!

So for those of you who have tried castor oil, how far along was your pregnancy and did it work? *also please include if you tried any other methods along with it:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, but my mom did for two deliveries and it worked for her.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• well, I was warned about it by my doc.... i had a friend who tried it and she ended up shiting for 2 days, ghaving horrible cramps, and never went into labor..

I would strongly advise agaisnt it. There really is NO WAY to 'get labor going' unless your body truely is ready. You can get your doc to induce, but i wouldnt advise it. Hopefully your doc is smart enough to wait til your due date or after to do so... but since your doc is suggesting castor oil, i am going to say he/ she isnt....

Anonymous

• I did with both pregnancies... the first pregnancy it worked really well the first time... the second pregnancy I did it twice... the first time increased contractions and then stopped.... then the second time - a few days later - was the charm. If your body isn't ready, it won't work... but it cleans you out really well!! ; )

http://www.natural-pregnancy-mentor.com/kathleen.html

JOKAMAMA

Answer by JOKAMAMA at 1:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• never woked for me all it made me do is crap myself all night long dont even try it !!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I havent Im only 31 weeks but my sister did and it didnt work at all
    KendallsMommie1

Answer by KendallsMommie1 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i did it but not for labor reasons! I used it casue i was so backed up i hurt!! I was so backed up it took 3 days to work!! so idk and i was 38 weeks i just really needed to poop!! but it never did anything for labor.
    Oh and yes i did try other stool softeners and lax! nothing worked so i did this just to make me poop
    Anonymous

• I tried it sat 36 weeks, most disgusting taist i have eer had! I would not do it again, mainly just cause the taist well the texture. It was thicker then my shampoo it was HORRIBLE! I didnt get any contractions with it either i just got a night of sleeping on the bathroom floor because i was shitting so much. I also used it in hot apple cider. I would rather deal with the prego pains for a couple more weeks then even look at the castor oil bottle. EWWWWW
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2010