Obesity is becoming a danger in our nation

by putting junk into our bodies are showing no respect for the bodies God gave us.

Do you think I would be way off to ask for a nutritional class at our church? I think we need to learn and love our bodies in the way God wanted us to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think this sounds like a wonderful idea that maybe you should post in some other Christian groups to help motivate some other mothers out there with the same concerns. I am always game to learn a healthier way to live and eat. IF my family could attend a class where GOD was incorporated in verses being totally avoided... WE WOULD SO GO!!!!

I would also add... the question listed within it two key words... GOD 2x and Church 1x.... therefore, one would think the answers to the question would be sensitive to her question with obvious beliefs. ~Mam, I commend you for your question/idea I think it is very good and you should spread the idea around the nation through whatever broadcasting of good seed you choose. AND I too believe our LORD GOD FATHER IN THE HIGHEST HEAVEN created everything that has breath in it. For that poor woman that takes such extremely good care of her temple and yet gives no glory to God, shame to waste!
    LoveWiseCouncel

Answer by LoveWiseCouncel at 7:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Not way off at all! Our church (denomination, not necessarily our local church) does regular cooking classes and nutrition/health seminars. I think it's very timely, but unfortunately not a lot of people are interested.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I think that you would have an issue. Everyone doesnt eat meat
    Anonymous

• A lot of churches have them. There are always fliers up here at the grocery store, etc for different church groups sponsoring OA or TOPS and the like. If you look into it, there's probably a religious-based program out there already that you can start a chapter at your church.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Our church has one, and they also have yoga and exercise classes for a small fee (more reasonable than paying to go to a gym).
    Anonymous

• I think if you approach it as a horrible thing and those who are overweight are awful then you will have a problem.

Dont pretend to care if you really dont. Dont pretend you want to do something and then make fun of anyone in the process or beat them down by your words.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• God has nothing to do with it since i do not believe in your christian god. I am wiccan. I care alot what i buy for my self and kids. We buy local organic as much as we can at farmers market and our super markets. I do not buy frozen food items and try to look at labels. the color dye, if it is organic or not by looking at the number code stickers on fruits/produce.
    Anonymous

What does any of that possibly have to do with whether or not someone should try to start a nutrition class at their church?
    Anonymous

• As long as the classes are done in a respectful manor, I don't think there will be a problem. But if it's done in a "your a fat slob and need to be treated like a child" kinda way, it won't work. It's all in presentation so to speak.
    And anon 3:16, what does religion really have to do with nutrition? So, you buy organic, big deal. I know plenty of Atheists who do the same. This is not a religious issue. It's a humanity issue. So, keep tooting your own horn all you want, but that doesn't make you any better then the rest of us, now does it?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Dont pretend to care if you really dont. Dont pretend you want to do something and then make fun of anyone in the process or beat them down by your words.

I almost 300 lbs they will be making fun of me not the other way around
    Anonymous