Have you considered not dating, while you have a teenaged daughter at home?

With my daughter in the "apple" of her bloom, I've been having trouble with men staring at her, propositioning her, strangers offering her money to get in their car, etc. I've decided to not date, because if any male touched my daughter, I'd be up on charges! The police suggested I buy her a taser (legal here) and I have. Think I'll buy pepper spray next for her.

Ewadun

Asked by Ewadun at 2:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Also enroll your daughter into a self defense course, knowing how to defend herself is way more useful than weapons she may or may not be able to get to. They'll also teach her how to pay attention so she's less likely to become a victim bc she doesn't look like one. I think you can date, no one is allowed to pick you up @ your house, boyfriends don't get to meet her until you've been dating exclusively for @ least 6 mo. She's taking her cues from you on how to date, if you let men treat you like s&^% that's how she'll believe men should act. If you demand respect & show her that you won't date just anybody then that's what she'll expect. It may not feel like it cuz since she's a teen she probably doesn't really tell you much but you are a role model to her & she's watching your every move.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i am not in your position, but i just wanted to say i think you are doing the right thing by your daughter.

Also, there isn't any reason that you can't still date, just don't bring anyone home until you are absolutely sure about someone. There are respectable men out there.

Good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i have raised 4 daughters all beautiful and never never has this happened to any of them. we however, kept them busy in sports, clubs, church, and any activity we could think of. i have had all different types of girls in my house and the ones that got that kind of attention were not wearing the normal t shirt and jeans or involved in any school activity. before swearing off men which may not be possible maybe you should be checking out her closet, her friends, her hangouts, and the people who have the nerve to stare at her in your presents.
    Anonymous

• OP here. My daughter doesn't dress like a hoochie Mama, nor does she wear makeup and is very active in church. I resent the implication that my daughter is doing anything to deserve the way men are trying to treat her. I'm teaching her to carry and dress herself respectfully. She is learning also, for the most part, to ignore the glares although she says it makes her feel uncomfortable. It seems that when you're nice looking, have a nice shape men tend to look at you like you're a piece of meat. Anybody who hasn't experienced that must live in a "bubble."
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Go Vee ~ Go Vee ~ Gooooooooooo!!! Mean people suck! You rock!!!!!!!

: )

With Love and Support....
    Your friend, Kim
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2009