Question about the vans that haul 'mentally challanged' people or w/e.

Why are they allowed to run through stop signs? Red lights? Go the wrong way on roads? Etc... Everything normal vehicles arent allowed to do?

I even seen a regular van do these things , but it was ok bc their kids are 'challanged'.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Travel

• I've never seen that & no they shouldn't be allowed too
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• op here: to get to the gas station i always use , we have to drive past a goodwill (the place that applies some of the challanged people) ... and twice this week i almost got hit bc of them running the stop sign , the other time they took this wide ass turn that they didnt need too , they only did it bc they were speeding before they turned ... i overheard people in the gas station talking that they were going to slice all the damn tires! ahha ... but like i said itll be tax payers money paying for it like we do for their damn ssi for doing NOTHING!
    Anonymous

• I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to. Traffic rules are broken all the time, but all kinds of people. Maybe they just need more police presence at that corner to catch the bad driving. Anyone who is a horrible driver shouldn't have a license.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• If this is a constant problem, I would call the GM at the store and notify them of what is going on. I am sure they don't want a lawsuit because of reckless employees. Traffic laws apply to everyone, handicapped or not.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• midnightmoma- they know!! the GM was outside the day they took the turn and almost hit me and another car ... he didnt think nothing of it ... its sad.
    Anonymous

• If the GM knows and doing nothing about it, I would call the main headquarters or the district manager. Sounds like you have alot of witness to the reckless events.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• It seems you have more of a problem with disabled people themselves, than what they are doing. I pity you.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• NightPhoenix -- so you would be ok w/ these vehicles being allowed to not obey the rules u MUST obey? ud be ok w/ them comming close to hitting other vehicles? sorry im not ok w/ that.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's the vans or their owners,it sounds like a very bad driver that needs to be reported! He's endangering these people's lives and they may not even be aware! Get a # and call!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Austinsmom35 -- after i got sick of turning these people in , i wrote down their license plate numbers, the # on the van & the persons description ... its different people EACH time. some are from different companies (this happens through town as well)
    Anonymous