Toddler Yeast Infection?

I think my toddler might have a yeast infection. Twice over the last couple of days, she has had a small amount of cottage cheese looking stuff "down there" and she has a little bit of a rash on her skin that doesn't look like typical diaper rash and doesn't appear to be helped by diaper rash ointment. Is there a way to treat this at home or do I have to take her in to the doctor? (I just hesitate to go to the doctor's office because it seems like she always gets sick when we go and I have a newborn at home that I really would rather not expose to any unnecessary germs). I've been giving her yogurt regularly...any other ways to treat it?

ANGIE409

Asked by ANGIE409 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter got them when she was younger and we bought Monostat and just put it on the outside just like we would of done with the diaper rash ointment. This is what the Dr said to do and it cleared it up.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 3:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• go to a health food store & buy probiotics to give her. Cut her sugar intake drastically. yogert contains so much sugar that it often makes it so it's really not doing any good
    Anonymous

• My daughter recently just came up with this infection...I would suggest going to the doctors and asking about GREERS GOO! it works MIRACLES!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2009