Doeas anyone have ideas for a job I can do from home? (and no scams)

My husband has been out of work a long time and I really need to help out. I

mrsyellow

Asked by mrsyellow at 2:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• is there a convergys in your area? It's a call center for directv (and I think they do some other companies). I worked at the jobsite for a while a few years ago and they just started a wah program (you'd take incoming calls from your computer at home). I applied for that position a couple years ago, but I was 3 months preggo at the time. Handling a call with a crying newborn wouldnt have worked out lol.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Well i dont know if you would be interested in selling Mary Kay, this is not a door to door thing i honestly do it differently im not a people person so i don't do any facials or meet with the people face to face, i sell all my Mary Kay products on line there many ways to sell them on line this days i do about 2 to 3 hours a day i honestly could say that i do make money, many people pay me with pay pal that a great service to have because nobody wants to give a credit card number out and i also get sales from my web site, there many ways you just have to think out side of the box, i also offer free shipping and free gift with purchase, but its up to you what your really in to, here's my web page www.marykay.com/Ezbeauty. Good Luck
    Ezbeauty

Answer by Ezbeauty at 2:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 10 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom of 3 - I home-school my kids, so obviously I don't have a lot of extra time - I have been working from home since August for a fantastic company that manufactures great eco-friendly home and personal care products that really work - no selling, inventory,or billing - just introducing people to this company and helping them to sign up as customers. My income is wonderful and I feel good knowing that I am helping other people live better lives. If you would like more information - I would be happy to provide you with more information - I will only provide you with information that you request - www.workathomeunited.com/wintergreen or feel free to contact me through this site. Happy New Year! Good luck!!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Hi I am a mom who has decided to walk away from the Corporate World. I was a top Sales Representative with a International Beverage company and I have realized that being a STAY at HOME MOM is way more important. I have started working with a group of Mom's just like me that want to still earn a substantial income and work from home. We have teamed up with a Health and Wellness Company that has been in business for over 24 years and through their wonderful products and incredible compensation plan we are all succeeding. You can too have a look at my website and if you would like more info fill out the request more info and I will contact you. www.momceo.com/patio

You will never know what you can accomplish until you try!

Patti

Momceo4life

Answer by Momceo4life at 6:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

You may find some ideas for your husband's job search in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms Group

Answer by rkoloms at 6:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I have some ideas listed on my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Ameriplan is a home based business so you would have th freedom of setting your own days and hours plus we have the best compensation plan available. We offer different savings plans for Dental/Health all the way to Legal, Financial, Identity Theft Protection, Dining, Shopping, Automotive & more.
    Our plans are accepted at toms of Fortune 500 companies like; Target, WalMart, CVS, WalGreens, Lens Crafters, Sears and many more.
    We market the plans and/or opportunity to work from home. We recieve daily Pay, benefits and training.

You can request an interview and see more info at www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/ChristinaDennis
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I work at home with a 5 year old in school, a 2 year old at home with me and one on the way. The company I work with just recently won an award with the BBB for their ethics and integrity so it is no scam. There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM! Feel free to contact me for more information. My website is www.beingunited.com and my email is rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Well I sell on eBay, but if your DH is out of work too and you need a good income to survive yes you could do something like ebay to make a few bucks but your husband should keep looking. What the first replier mentions is kinda a good idea. My husband and I own a part-time carpet cleaning business, and we do really well with it. Anywhere from $400-$1,500 a week gross depending on how busy it is.

BUT getting to the mentioned Directv....my hubby also still works for Verizon Fios as a door to door sales guy. And he only still does it because it's GOOD money. He brings home $1,000-$1,300 a week doing it. I know Directv and Time Warner also has similiar positions. So, depending on what cable and tv service providers you have in the area have your DH go to their websites and click on "careers" and see if they are looking for sales positions!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2009