does it bother anyone when someone doesnt stand up for the pledge of alliegance or sing the anthem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No,I dont think you have to stand to show your alligiance to our country..I think we show our pride in how we care for our country and what we do for our people. And I also think we need to stop raising our hairs overr what other people do and start worrying about ourselves..
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 7:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• NO, i stand but I can't make everyone who lives in this country and enjoys the countries freedom respect the country
    Anonymous

• I hope not.I have given my children the choice at school.We are not US citizens so...
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 2:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Not at all. It's our right to not stand or recite. Freedom is freedom, period. Can't pick and choose.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I am not offended per say. I do think they should stand, and be respectful. That does NOT mean that I think they should have to participate. Just that they need to show respect for those that do. Just as, for example, we stand and show respect here where we live (In Japan) when they play the national anthem for here.

In other words, do I think someone has to participate? No. Do I think someone should have to respect that this is something that's meaningful to others, and be courteous towards that? Yes.

But to FORCE participation, in my opinion, cheapens what it's about, and therefore cheapens what my husband fights to defend.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i use to hate having to sing that song in school, not everyone is american we just live here
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• It doesnt bother me.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I think that I have the utmost respect for this nation and I would hope that the rest of the people who live here feels the same way. Having said that. As long as they are not been disrespectful like making derogatorily comments about this country then I guess it is their prerogative to stand or not to stand.

Personally, I think it is rude not to show at least that much respect to stand up but I always remind myself it is possible that they are mentally challenged, socially inept or simply lazy which is also they prerogative.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• "NO, i stand but I can't make everyone who lives in this country and enjoys the countries freedom respect the country"

just because someone does not stand for or recite something that infringes upon their personal religious views, does not mean that they do not respect the privileges our country provides. in fact, by NOT reciting, we are exercising those freedoms.
    I am not at all offended, I personally will stand, but do not recite. I am appalled that GOD should appear anywhere but within the confines of a church or religious gathering.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• sorry.... their prerogative
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2009