acne

i've had problems with blackheads since i've had my child and i have a problem popping them when i get them. I feel like i am getting acne scars on my face. Is there a way to heal the scars or is there anything i can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Health

• Okay first stop the popping! Biore makes an excellent strip that pulls them out! I would suggest you get a good facial mask to tighten your pores, and switch to a mineral based foundation. Scars will lessen over time, use a good oil free moisturizer, I assume you have oily skin, I would suggest Vitamin E oil, but that may make the blackheads worse. Microdermabrasion works wonders to decrease pore size and can help with the scars... it can me expensive, try looking up esthetic schools on line and see if they offer the service, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• www.acne.com

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• We use sea salt as a daily scrub and then follow it with a colloidal silver soap. It stops the break outs.

Vitamin E will help with scaring.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Zap-it is a great product to help control and eliminate acne. Tea Tree Oil will help with scars - good luck, relax and drink lotsa water:-)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Ask your doctor to prescribe you Differin It is a great medication that helps clear you up and helps with fine lines too. A lot of people experience bad peeling with it. I have very sensitive skin and my dr told me I would not peel if I applied the medication at night at least 15 minutes after I got out of the shower. If you put it on when your skin is even the least bit wet that will make you peel. Use a moisturizer during the day. I use one from Avon thats good. If you do that you should clear up without any side effects at all.
    Anonymous