Old toys

hi ladies i was hoping to get my freinds together and either do a toy exchage or give back to the community any ideas have any of you done such a thing? what do you do with all the outgrown & unused still in great shape toys?

mirit.rose

Asked by mirit.rose at 2:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I prefer to freecycle mine.

www.freecycle.org

But you could look into donating them to orphans or to a battered women's shelter. Most women there have children.

Anonymous

• I put mine in a garbage bag and put them in the bin where I put my old clothes. Goodwill I think.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I prefer to throw them in the trash if they are broken unless there is a recycling center but there isnt around here. They wont even smash and recycle car seats and strollers we had to throw them away. I did every attempt to sell them but nobody wanted it. I would give the toys to the Goodwill or those Boutiques, what are they called? Lightly used stores. damnit i forgot lol
    Anonymous

• I give all toys away that are in working order. We do this every year before x-mas. often toys are given a way that they outgrow or that they have several of one item. I typically donate to homeless shelters. I like to give to domestic violence shelters.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• We donate them to various organizations.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• thanks ladies but i've been brainstorming a bit and came across a game where you brown bag or wrapt the iteam ait's like a mystery game you don't know whos going to end up with the toy cause you can steal it from a fellow person yadda yadda hard to explain, i like the shelter idea , or i thought of a little auction 25 cents incrament and do something or donate the money, IDK
    i don't have to overthink it till feb.
    thanks again
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2010