I WRECKED THE MOVING TRAILER!!!!

The ice has been horrible. DH, DS, and I were driving from Montana to Nebraska to take a new job. I have 4x4 on my jeep, so I was pulling the trailer with our belongings. (Heater in the truck doesn't work, so DH wanted DS and I in the jeep so we could stay warm)

I hit a patch of black ice, about 15feet long, at 35mph. I regained control on the blacktop, but the trailer spun out of control, and the chains attached to the hitch on my jeep yanked me off the road when the trailer flew off the ball. My jeep went sideways, perpendicular to the road, and banked in all the snow. If it weren't for the snow, we would have rolled, and DS and I probably would have been creamed since we were packed in the car like sardines with our belongings.

So, the trailer is upside down, wrapped around a tree, with all of our stuff inside. My TV, my microwave, my pictures, my dishes, etc, everything that was stacked
cont below...

matobe

Asked by matobe at 3:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• holy crap BATMAN
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 3:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• question is?
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 3:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Be thankful hun that YOU and your family are OK.

I understand the loss of some things, but they can be replaced. You and your family cannot.

Hope a lot is salvageable and not as broken as you think inside the trailer.

I pray you all have a safer trip the rest of the way.

Take care!!!!

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Been there! I am so sorry to hear that. I am happy to know that you and your DS are alright tho. That is so much more important. I hope you bought the insurance that well help a lot.
    Anonymous

• What a bummer. Glad you are all ok. Kind of weird to see this in the Just For Fun section. Nothing fun about it!
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• sorry, motel has sucky internet service.

on top of my dressers is busted. My dressers are shredded, my boxspring broken, my mattress has holes, and the trailer is trashed. So we had the insurance. Now, we're just waiting to figure out what to do next... we have called the accident reporting hotline, filed the report, but uhaul has been more than inconsiderate and has done nothing to help with the situation. The uhaul shop closed at 1, (it's 4) and they wouldn't even stay open for the company to come out with a welder and open the trailer to get our belongings out.

Does anyone know what to do? I have never had a problem with uhaul, but I'm not sure where to go from here... what am I going to have to pay for?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• They have 24 hour customer service Im sure.

Here is a link to their one page and number: 1-800-GO-UHAUL (1-800-468-4285)

U-Haul Customer Resolution

If needing emergency road service call Hotline 1-800-528-0355.

https://mit.uhaul.com/secure/aspnet2/customerresolution/default.aspx

http://www.uhaul.com/customer/?src=footer

Good luck. Hope all works out !

Anonymous