Putting away Xmas stuff?

What are some easy ways of putting your ornaments, lights and holiday stuff away. As far as packing them up. I have the original ornament boxes that they came in and I just stick them back in their boxes, but I was hoping someone had a better idea. What about your lights?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Holidays

• I don't put them back in their boxes because that takes too much space. I have alot of containers and then I place threm on in a huge green storage container. I keep all breakable ornaments together and wrapped.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• This year i finally went and bought bins in different sizes for everything that matched all green and red, they have wreath boxes, ornament boxes and also have light wheels so you can roll the lights up and not have to untangle them next year, i have to say after getting it all put away it looks nice and organized and i wont be running through the garage and basement opening boxed to find everything next year.

I do have several things in their original boxes like the blow up snowman i never put up this year lol those things are just easier to keep in the original box.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• 3 ring. Where did you get the stuff you mentioned? Walmrt or something?
    Anonymous

• I have those huge storage containers. I just put all the ornaments in 1. The lights and stockings in 1. All the kids hand made stuff in another. I keep it in the basement. Too much work to pt things back in boxes.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I have storage bins..... I keep all the xmas things in those, and than store them.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I got them at walmart and I also got some at home depot, I have seen them at target too :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• They make ornament boxes which are really plastic tubs with dividers for each ornament. They're inexpensive and a life saver. I used the top of the boxes grid to string my lights on so that they dont tangle. Pin them down with a twisty tie or paper clip. You can get those at Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond and I think I've seen them at Target and Ikea too.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2009