ok please help me out

im 8 weeks 1 day and everything i eat i get sick has anyone had this problem is there something that helped you.. its whatever i eat drink or even smell and seeing food please some advise would be great..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you saying there is NOTHING you can eat? Some nausea is common, I had it. Smells made me sick, and I couldn't eat a lot of foods I'm used to eating. Fruit was good. Hard-boiled eggs. Crackers.... Pretty much whatever I ate I soon ddin't like and I would be on to another. I know it's rough, but it'll get fun soon, I promise! If you really can't eat anything, you need to tell your doctor. It's normal to lose a few pounds, but you do need to give that little growing fetus nutrition!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• yes everything i eat wont stay down i have told my doctor all the did is give me a nausea pill and it works like crap. i have lost 12lbs so far i was the same way with my son i was sick all the way t the day i had him. i just wanted to see if anyone else has been like this and had advise that would be great...
    Anonymous

• I was just like you with my first child and my doc told me to get pantothenic acid to help with the nausea AKA vitamin B5. It didn't go away completely or near as much as I'd like for it to have, but it helped so I could keep at least some things down, ya know? You can get B5 at nomal stores over the counter. Best to check with your doc first though. good luck. :)
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 5:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• You may have hyperemesis gravidarum. Do some research on it. I never experienced it. If your doc isn't doing a good job, don't be afraid to get a second opinion!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• We call it the "Sexually Transmitted Barfia" or STB for short. Mine was bad like yours.

Things I have tried at some point arranged from best cure to only sometimes worked:

Suck a lemon
    Seabands motion sickness bracelets at drug store for $12
    TUMS-- suck not chew, not the mint flavor
    suck fresh Ginger
    Lavender oil on the wrists and neck-- sniff it often
    cold packs on the neck
    Gingerale
    morning sickness herbal supplement (ginger, lavender, raspberry leaf)
    white rice with ginger dressing
    buttered biscuits
    crackers
    mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes
    no fruit juice

I kept an emergency barf cup in the car in case I had to spew while in motion/ unable to make it to the side of the road.

Everyone says it'll get better. And you wanna smack them. It's okay to feel that way. it's okay to cry about it too.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I like ecodani's answer! Got a few good laughs out of that one, too! Some great suggestions!
    You can ak your doctor about transdermal Phenergan. It's a gel you tub on your wrists (as opposed to a pill you vomit up, or a suppository). It isn't instant, but it makes a HUGE difference.
    Ginger is one of the most effective natural remedies. Trader Joes sells some different ginger things you can eat. And, of course, there's the gingerale and saltines approach. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I agree with Adelicious. I had hyperemisis and lost 28 lbs in the first 6 months which is about the time it finally started relieving itself. Seeing food, smelling food, even thinking about food made me sick. I was actually hospitalized 3 times because of dehydration in that time. I feel your pain, I've been there.

Something to try would be the BBRAT diet.
    It stands for Bread/Banana, Rice, Applesause, Toast. Its usually what they tell you to eat with the flu, its also called the Bland diet. It might help. Other than that, just make sure to stay hydrated (I didn't do that very well), and ask your dr about phenagran gel. It comes in needles syrenges that you spread the gel on your wrist that helps with nausea nearly instantly, put some on right before you eat or while you are eating. It's the only way I made it through to 39 weeks with a 7 lb 4 oz baby girl 3 1/2 years ago. Keep your chin up and your food down. lol (sorry)
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• BTW...hyperemisis is basically translated as excessive vomiting. Its not some scary medical term that you should be scared of...
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2009