my four year did stays up all night any suggestions?

sunsine177

Asked by sunsine177 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does your 4 yr old takes naps during the day? If so cut out the nap. If not let him/her play outside to run out some energy. Go to the park, or even take a walk.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• If you have a tv in the room, take it out. Hard to really answer with no details. What have you tried? Does she have a bedtime routine, is she special needs?
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• If she's in her bed entertaining herself all night, that's one thing. If she wants to be intertained or play in your bed, don't let her!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I need to know this one myself my DD is 4.5 she will be 5 in April and she will not take naps anymore, but I still put her in her room for quiet time since that is the only break I get away from kids and I mean the only. Even then she is still asking can I come down yet. But taking him outside to play still maynot do it my DD played outside all summer long with a friend next door and we took her to the park the zoo a fair things like that she will still stay up until like 12 or 1am her bedtime is 8pm but she wont go to bed. She will come down stairs and ask for things or if we are in our room she will come in there she will not go to bed no matter how much time she is outside. She runs all day she is always on the go and still not tired. I myself have no idea what to do about this. Let me know if you find something that works.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Hello, I am a health clinician, and reading your paragraph, several things have sauntered thru my mind.....Has her primary medical provider ever completed a comprehensive thyroid exam on her? If Not, make sure to insist that the following thyroid tests/evaluations be done. Specific names of these are: T4, Free T3, Total T4, and TSH. If she is having some type of dysfunction in her thyroid, one of the possiblities causing this psychomotor agitation or unending, purposeless kinetic actvity.
    Other consdieration should be give to alternate possibilty such as ADHD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, etc. HOWEVER, PLEASE do not let any clinician tell you that it is mandatory for the child to begin a psychotropic medication because it will "cure" him or her. That is just another child or children on psychotropic medicaitons that didi not really need it. Some alternates to meds are exercise, good sleep hygiene, regular meals, et
    Anonymous