Did you breastfeed? Do you have metal fillings?

I read some random article that claims the mercury gets into the milk so now I am worried that I have harmed my kiddos!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I breastfeed and have metal fillings. I never thought about it before. I'm more concerned about the mercury and crud that goes into them INTENTIONALLY with vaccines! My kid won't be vaccinated unless we travel.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Must be why my kids are wierd l.o.l.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 4:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• We dont vaccinate either but then I read an article blaming the mothers metal fillings on the autism?!?
    Anonymous

• I think we mothers have much more to worry about than our fillings. Good grief.
    Anonymous

• It probably does, but there is probably more mercury in the vaccinations (there is still some in there even the ones that say "mercury free" there are trace amounts) that most people give and I am sure there are many more toxic chemicals in formula so even though I have metal fillings I still feel it is/was better for my children the formula!
    Anonymous

• Can't blame autism on fillings. what about the kids that didn't nurse and were formula fed? I did nurse and I have fillings, just a few and one I got right after she was born. I am more concerned about the crap in the vaccines then with my fillings having harmed my exceptionally bright little girl.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I'm a Dental Assistant & I remember a dentist telling a patient that if she were to remove the metal fillings to replace with composite, "white" fillings, that she would have far more mercury exposure than if she just left them alone. Drilling them open (or when you first get them in) is when you are getting the most exposure to mercury.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 9:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2009