Is there a diffrence between a family member and a wife??

would you be insulted if your husband concidered you as family member instead of his wife?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• if he considered me a family member and NOT his wife, I'd be insulted. I am his wife AND his family member! WHat matters to me is if he loves me as a wife.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Huh??? A wife is a husband's most important family member........ Now, if he were at a bar and chatting it up with some woman that just happened to see a picture of me in his wallet, or whatever, and in response to her asking who I was he said I was a family member instead of specifying I was his wife, yeah, I'd be pissed.....
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• As his wife, I am my husbands number one family member. I believe a husband should make his wife feel like she is the most important person in his life and she him as well.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 4:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Where i am from, once you get married you belong to his family. You take his last name and now are a part of his family. But behind closed doors he should see you as his wife.
    Anonymous

• Insulted? I'm not sure but I would be confused. I'd be asking him who he considers his wife?

Answer by admckenzie at 5:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• WHEN I GOT DIVORCED, ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS TOLD I;M NO LONGER FAMILY-EVEN THOUGH I HAVE 2 KIDS WITH THIS PERSON.. THAT IN ITSELF-UPSET ME, I'M AM FAMILY--MY CHILDRENS FAMILY. WHEN MY SON GRADUATED BOOTCAMP (NAVY) I WAS TOLD NOT TO TAKE A "FAMILY" PICTURE WITH HIM, SON,DAUGHTER, HIS MOTHER AND FATHER. I HAD TO TAKE A PICTURE BY MYSELF WITH MY SON ONLY. I WAS SO PIST OFF, I TOLD MY EX-THAT MAYBE MY SON WANTED HIS FAMILY IN A PICTURE,(HIS FAMILY IS ME ALSO). TILL THIS DAY-- HE THINKS I'M NOT FAMILY. ONCE YOU HAVE KIDS, YOUR FAMILY FOR LIFE,AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED.
    Anonymous

• You are family, therefore you are a family member. What is the big deal? My son is a family member so if I called him a family member should he be offended that I didn't call him my son? People ask, "who is in your family?" Not who is your wife, children, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Sounds like someone is playing mind games with you. Why in the heck would he say such a thing?? You are both. What the heck is he up to?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be offended. Same thing to me.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 6:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Anon 5:44- you got me? this is what was said to me. I'm no longer family. I was so upset,till this day. I would never say (the father is no longer family b/c he is,its his father (FAMILY). that was like a knife went through me . how the hell a Mother can not be Family?.. but stupid things came out of his mouth from time to time,but that one really hurt.
    Anonymous