What would you think...

of a mom who had two children 13 months apart then found out she was pregnant 6 weeks after the second child came? Would your opinions or thoughts about her change depending on if she was or wasn't using birth control?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would think anything except for CONGRATS to her.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• No judgement here. Congrats to her as long as she is happy!!
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• If she's not a crappy mom or bringing kids into a crappy situation that whatever, it's her life!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Why would I think anything besides happy thoughts!
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would think she made a different choice than I did and wish her well with it. Why is it my business or anyone elses, as long as the children are being taken care of?
    Anonymous

• Is she planning her children using Welfare, WIC and Foodstamps? If so I would think she is trash. If she can afford the kids with not help more power to her.
    Anonymous

• My first thought would be "poor woman" because she has her work cut out for her.
    donzgurl

Answer by donzgurl at 5:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My thoughts would be wow! And I hope that she can afford to take care of them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I am very happy that she is not me.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would think "Wow I wonder if she knows how insanely hard that is on her body." That's always the first thing that I worry about for moms who have three and four kids that close together is how hard that must have been on them physically and emotionally. However I will admit if I afterwards find out that all of those children have different fathers or that the woman is using a ton of welfare to live then I will think some not so nice thoughts. I just personally feel like if you can't stay with one man you should wait to have children and be on a reliable form of birth control like mirena. I also feel that if you can't afford one child you shouldn't be having a second or a third anytime soon. I used WIC myself but while I needed it I wouldn't risk bringing another child into this situation knowing I couldn't afford them.
    Anonymous