When did you stop giving formula?

My son is on Nutramigen. We just went to his 12 month check up and are to still give him Nutramigen, as we would milk. He'll remain on this at LEAST until we get in with an allergist, at which point options will be discussed. So I'm just curious when you stopped formula and what kind of milk you used?

Asked by mom2ljh at 1:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was on Enfamil Nutramigen as well..But he wasn't allergic to cows milk, his digestive system was really sensitive. He had his 1st sippy of regular Vitamin D milk the morning after his 1st b-day and has been on it since. Has a little more gas at first, but got used to it.

It depends on the reason why your child was put on a hypoallegenic formula, if it's due to allergic reaction to cow or soy protein, then the doctor is right in seeing a specialist.

Answer by newmommyy322 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• stopped at a year with all 3 of my kids and went to Vitamin D whole milk.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• still on formula but I mix it with rice milk or hemp milk. I still have 5 cans of formula to use LOL

• We switched Ethan when he was 12 1/2 months old. We put him on vitamin d whole milk. He also has GURD, and used to spit up alot, but ever sense we switched him he is fine.

Answer by peidman90 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My first son never did formula he is now a healthy 10 yr old and gre up on whole cows milk my second son is now on gentlease formula but I am hoping to make a switch at 6 months. I was unable to bf my boys b/c neither one would latch... gr.

Answer by BelleMorte at 3:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Ky's still on formula...and he will be until he drinks his last 2 cans! Once we're down to one can, we'll start phasing in organic whole milk!!

Answer by mikoto127 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• The pediatricians we had with our girls both recommended the switch to whole cow's milk at 1 year of age. Before that they both had Similac with iron when they transitioned from breastmilk; luckily they never had any allergies or tummy issues.

Answer by at 4:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My son is 1 tomorrow and has his 1 year check-up is the next day. We will see what the doctor says, but hopefully we can make the transition with no problems.

Answer by beckster_01 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2008