Has anyone seen that movie Julie & Julia? If so is it good?

AustinPsalm139

Asked by AustinPsalm139 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I enjoyed the movie, but everyone has their own preferences. I saw it in the theater with my mom, and my husband and I watched it when it came out on video.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 5:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I saw pieces of it and I thought it was boring. But it might have been better it I was paying attention.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 5:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I read the book and saw the movie. . . . .which was better depends on what you base it on. The book didn't have nearly as much about Julia Child as the movie, and I thought that was all very interesting. And the movie didn't have all the swearing that the book had, which I was personally happy about. BUT, the movie didn't come close to capturing the humor of the book. They were both good, but I don't know that I would read the book OR watch the movie again, which is really saying something for me!
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Saw it last night. If you don't cook, it's boring. Not real heavy on the drama. It's a cute film. No thinking required.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I loved it!!! It was very cute and entertaining:) Definitely would rent again
    TXCB2004

Answer by TXCB2004 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• It would've been better without Julie.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I liked it, it made Meryl Streep my new favorite actress
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 8:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Naw, and I probably won't watch it until it is aired on tv some year. It's just not my cup of tea, you know?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I saw the video twice, and then had to buy it! It really inspired me to learn how to cook better.....healthy cooking, not necessarily French cooking. The parts about Julia Child interested me the most.
    MamaMia09201

Answer by MamaMia09201 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2010