Why do people think

That just because a guy gets off inside a women, this makes him a parent? Everyday on here I come across posts after posts about child custody, and people are always defending an immature loser, and making the mother sound like a selfish person, when all she wants to do is protect her child from an idiot.
Just because there is no prison record or drug incidences on record does not mean that a guy is fit to be a father.

If you are one of the many who are so pro-fathers rights even when undeserving....Why do you think that a child is better off with one shitty parent and one good parent, rather than just having a good mother who will always have her babys best interest at heart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ok, what did I miss?

midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I think that even if they are a shitty parent they deserve the right to see thier child. If they want to give up the rights to their child more power to them and then the kids will be better off. What about the kids that have 2 shitty parents. I have a few of those in my life and there is nothing I can do about it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Over 80 percent of people in prison are raised by single moms so kids do need fathers. I think to deny a man a chance to be a father to his child is another form of child abuse. If a woman doesn't want the man in her life she should not let him stick his disco stick in her. Women need to think about their kids before they are even concieved and give them the life they deserve and have them with someone they love and are married to.
    Anonymous

• Most of the posts I've read tell the mom to get those child support payments and a good lawyer.

All kids can use extra adult role models. Parents, aunts, uncles, grands, great-grands... kids need to see positive adult people constantly. It would be great if all biological and adoptive family could be positive, but some people just suck.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• u know i agree with u actually even though it may sound wrong... i have a wonderful husb. who is a wonderful father BUT my bff had a baby with her bf of 7 yrs and he is the worst father ive ever seen.. hes tried to pick up the baby drunk.. wont watch the baby when she has to go to work bc he doesnt feel like it and its his day off too.. shes in the middle of leaving him thank god and is going for full custody shes going to give him supervised visits..things like this make me angry bc jus bc he got off inside her didnt make him a father.. just like a mother u have to earn the title of a good parent.. bc unfortunately there are bad mothers too we all need to earn that title of a good loving parent.. not when its convenient and mothers who choose not to protect their child from as u put it an immature loser (v. fitting in most cases) are guilty of being immature themselves bc they cannot put thesemen aside to bettr their child
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• "Over 80 percent of people in prison are raised by single moms so kids do need fathers."

Actually, the majority of people in the prison system are from foster care or they are adoptees.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• One factor to consider though is that we only ever have one side of the story here.... the mom's. And as Dr. Phil would say "no matter how flat you make a pancake it always has 2 sides" While the woman talking about her rotten ex may be absolutely right about him being rotten, it could also be the case that she is being a bit one sided. There is really no way for us to know whether a guy being talked about on here is really as bad as he comes across based on a post. I tend to stay out of those posts.
    Anonymous

• Actually, the majority of people in the prison system are from foster care or they are adoptees.

link please know it all.lol
    Anonymous

Who are born to single moms. lol
    Anonymous

• OP - I agree with you. Just because people have sex & conceive a baby - doesn't mean either of them are fit to be parents.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2009