what is your best...

... SAHM tip that you'd give to someone who is just starting out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Make a list so you know what you want to accomplish that day. It will give you a great sense of accomplishment!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• dont stay at home if u cant afford it.
    Anonymous

• Limit how much TV you watch and how much time you spend on the computer and when you eat. Ack! I need to take my own advice!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I definitely agree with Cindy18 about making a list. I make a list every day and make sure to finish everything on it. Sometimes your day can really get away from you without much accomplishment, and that's a great way to stay on track.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Great tips from the others! Something that's been extremely helpful to me is to have a cleaning schedule- one or two cleaning tasks each day that need to be done. That way, the house never gets out-of-control filthy, and I always know when I have last done something. For example, Monday is deep-clean the kitchen day. (sink, counters, microwave scrub out, etc), Tuesday = laundry day, maybe grocery shopping too, Wednesday=clean one of the bathroom top-to-bottom and vacuum all carpet, Thursday=clean other bathroom top-to-bottom, Friday=another laundry day, plus pay bills, do any other "little" tasks, Saturday=dust windowsills and fan blades, then vacuum all carpet again. All the other little miscellaneous tasks can be done throughout the week, depending on how busy each day was. This helped me enormously in staying on top of housework. Plus it always sucks to let stuff get trashed, then try to do it all in one day.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Always have a back up plan. Make sure you can earn the bacon if the day ever comes when you have to. Enjoy your kids while they are little. 18 years go really fast.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Plan for when you are NOT a SAHM--go back to school, earn a degree or specialized certification, so that you can get a decent paying job when you do go back.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2010