I NEED ADVICE :)

I am looking into becoming an Event Coordinator??? I know you need experience, i guess im just not sure where to start looking. I live in South Jersey...and I dont know who to call or where to start I guess?? I eventually down the road would LOVE to have my own business with this?? I am going back to school in Jan. for Business Management to get some experience in different areas of Business..Could anyone be of some help with advice..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm not an event planner but I do have my own business. Draw up a business plan. Make sure you include the types of services you will provide and to what areas things like that. You could call a few event planners in your area and see if they will give you any tips. Also, get a list of local vendors and go and meet with them. Start attending wedding events. Once you do that, then market yourself. Local ads, internet etc. You will need strict contracts for your customers. Event planning is all about the details. Good Luck!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I'm not an event planner but I believe the best thing to do would be to alert your friends and start doing it for people you know for free and then allow those people to tell their friends and so on.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 7:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2009