Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone on Foodstamps know this...?

Does anyone know if you can buy a 12 pack of pepsi with food stamps? Not for my son but for news years party? I live in OK and wasn't sure?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (8)
  • Yes

    Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • Yes, you can buy soda

    Answer by Gealach at 6:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • With food stamps or the EBT cards as some states call it, you can buy anything drink wise that is not alcoholic of course.

    Just cannot buy prepared foods like in the deli or any hot items for take out in the deli section. Like a fresh box of fried chicken. I heard it is not allowed., maybe that depends on the states.

    But you can buy just about everthing food wise, even KOOL-Aid packets, spices, etc

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • they charged me 4 cents tax on a 6 pack of propel water.

    technically ebt is for family and not to bring to parties, but whatever

    yes you can

    Answer by staciandababy at 6:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • yes, of course you can. I just learned that it covered baby food, and I was excited about that. lol. IDK why I wasn't sure about it

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • Anything consumable is covered except hot foods like in the Deli.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • I live in CA and I can

    Answer by bkcm at 7:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

  • Yep. you can. You can even buy a candy bar, go figure :)

    Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.