My dh says I am weak and spineless?

He says I let people take advantage of me :(

But that is who I am plus I do not like confrontations....

He is upset at me right now bc I did not speak up :( I don't feel good I feel like a big knot in my stomach just bc of this. I can't help who I am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What did you do?
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• What led up to him saying that?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 6:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Tell him to love and accept you as you are. If you are comfortable with yourself then so should he.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• ugh! I really don't like men who belittle their wives ! My ex hubby used to say the same thing to me and yet when i felt it was necessary, i was the first one to speak up...but i didn't cause a scene either....and i chose my battles....yes of course you would have a knot in your stomach...i used to as well ! The man I am with now has more respect....he might ask why in a particular situation, but never puts me down or makes me feel badly.....Just put the focus back on you...just because he says something, it doesn't mean its true ! HUGS !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Hm. Wouldn't it be a kick in his pants...or maybe his privates...if you told HIM off?

**huff huff huff**

Remember that much of what you will hear from your husband through the years needs to be ignored. But if someone IS taking advantage of you..learn to say NO and to NOT care what others think of you.

There is only ONE person whose opinion matters. And guess what? It's NOT your husband!

Head to your bathroom. See that lovely woman in the mirror? HER approval and support is ALL you need ALL YOUR LIFE. THe opinions of everyone else isn't worth a bucket of spit.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My husband had said this to me before and you know what- He was right. My husband has helped me tremendously in the area. I have learned how to stand up for my self and for my son and to get over my fear of confrontation. Don't get me wrong, I don't go looking for confrontation, but if the need arises, I am not afraid to have a little confrontation. I know you are probably hurt by his words, especially depending on how he said it, but listen to what advice he has to give you. It may take awhile for you to be able to stand up for yourself, but you will be glad that you took the time to change.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Both my SO and I are weak in certain areas when it come to certain things. I explained to him early on in our relationship that his friends were walking all over him and he doesn't like confrontation either. He listened to me and now is friendships are better with his friends because he was able to learn to stand up for himself. He also had to learn how to stand up for me and he is so much better. Take what your hubby has to say and listen. He may be right and he may just want you to be happy and want whats best for you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Being as objective as you can.....do you agree with him? To some extent? If so, is this quality affecting your well-being?
    Jemma4000

Answer by Jemma4000 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2009