having back pain

is this normal?? im 27 weeks..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, and i know exactly how you feel! Mine hurts so bad. If I have to go out (shopping or some event) I put a thermacare patch on my back. It helps a little. And my husband will give me a back rub every now and then, that helps too. And of course when it's really bad I'll take tylenol. I'm 35 weeks and have experienced the back pain for a while now.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 7:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Yes and don't think it is going to go away. LOL It will hurt from now through the birth.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Sorry but that's the joy of becoming a mommy :-)... and it doesn't really go away for long, I think it just turns into a headache :-)
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 9:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Yes, can be very normal. Get a birthing ball (exercise ball) to sit on. It helped me a lot. Do yoga cat/cow pose to help ease the pain, too. Get your SO to give you a back run. Sit backward in a dining room chair with a pillow in front of you, and he can sit on the couch or a chair and rub you down. Tell him what works for you.
    I had AWFUL back pain, and it turned out that my son was in posterior position, so I ended up having back labor.
    Ask your doctor before using a thermacare patch or heating pad, because you don't want to get your torso too warm. It will raise your core temperature, and can harm the baby. Same concept as using a hot tub.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Just so you know op I asked my doc about thermacare first; she said it was fine but you should ask your as well :)
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2009